- About Us
- Get Involved
- Classes & Events
- Ways To Give
Tour Korea! Birthland Heritage Travel
The Beginning My husband and I had been trying to adopt an infant domestically since October 2012 through LSS/Children’s Home Society of MN. I won’t go too deep into the process we...
A trip to one's birth country is a unique and treasured journey.
Since 1986, Children's Home has led birthland tours that provide opportunities for adopted persons and their families to explore personal and cultural connections to Korea. We offer personalized post-adoption services, cultural expertise and caring support to help Korean adoptees learn more about the beginning places, culture and people important to their birth and adoption stories.
As you consider birthland tours, you will find that Children's Home is best prepared and qualified to guide you on this once-in-a lifetime trip. Children's Home Tour Korea!...
- welcomes participants from throughout the United States, regardless of placing agency.
- is not a typical group tour. Everyone comes into Tour Korea! with the commonality of adoption, privacy is respected and lifelong friendships are formed.
- prepares participants for travel via in-person and interactive webinar orientation sessions.
- visits and works with all four major adoption agencies in Korea — Eastern Social Welfare Society, Holt, Korea Social Service and Social Welfare Society.
- conducts searches with Korean agencies for birth family members.
- arranges and facilitates meetings with individuals important to an adoptee’s birth and adoption stories, including foster mothers!
- provides accurate, supportive and experienced translation during meetings.
- personalizes, plans and facilitates side trips for adoptees to visit places of personal significance — finding site, birth clinic, birthparent’s hometown, city of birth, and orphanage.
- gives travelers activity options, free-time and multiple supportive check-in meetings throughout the tour.
- supports participants before, during and after the tour experience.
- can be an especially significant personal journey when shared with family.
Korean Intermediary Services
Children's Home can help you create a uniquely meaningful birthland tour experience, specific to your own birth and adoption story. Explore the post-adoption Korean Intermediary Services available to you >
Learn More: Tour Korea! In Depth
Start planning now for this once-in-a-lifetime trip. Let us help you make an informed decision.
- Request a Tour Korea! 2015 brochure
- Discover what makes a Children's Home tour different
- Connect directly with past participants
- Watch a pre-recorded online Information Session presentation
- For Adoptive Parents: When is the best time to make a birthland trip?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Resource for Understanding Korean Culture
Before you leave on Tour Korea! we encourage you to take a look at 100 Thimbles in a Box: The Spirit and Beauty of Korean Handicrafts to learn about Korean art, culture and great places to shop for Korean cultural items when in country.
For More Information
Contact Tour Korea! Director Jane Lee with additional questions:
email: email@example.com | phone: 651.255.2225 | toll free: 800.932.9302, ext. 2225
Call Waiting International Children at 651-646-6393 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This is private and confidential information. Please do not make any copies to redistribute or upload to any website.